About Kimberly-Clark (K-C)
Kimberly-Clark Corp. (NYSE: KMB) is an $18.2-billion Multi-national Consumer Goods company with a 145-year heritage. Leading the world in essentials for a better life, Kimberly-Clark holds the No. 1 or No. 2 brand share in 80 countries with brands like Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend. Every day, nearly one-quarter of the world’s population choose our products to make a positive difference in their lives. That’s a big responsibility and one we take seriously. With nearly 43,000 employees worldwide and operations in 37 countries, our leading brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries.
Kimberly-Clark in Asia Pacific
Asia Pacific is Kimberly-Clark’s biggest international region with a footprint in over 30 countries including Korea, China, Australia, ASEAN and India. Its regional headquarters are in Singapore.
Kimberly-Clark in Singapore
Investing & Innovating from Singapore
- Established regional headquarters in Singapore in 2012, when the Company merged its North Asia and South
Asia operations into one
- S$400 million investment in Singapore to date, including investment in Tuas mill for manufacturing and exporting Huggies diapers and baby wipes to Asia-Pacific
- ~250 jobs created with 70% local Singapore talent
- Brands leading with no. 1 or 2 positions across family care, baby care & feminine care with Singapore-focused
- Singapore is the third global hub for K-C’s Digital Innovation Lab or D’Lab, an open-source innovation model
to bring new ideas to the consumer goods category.
Growing Sustainably in Singapore
- Sustainable manufacturing practices: K-C has recorded a 65% reduction in carbon-dioxide emissions between 2010 and 2014 and 100% of its waste is also diverted from landfills.
- Sustainable products: Launched Forestry Stewardship Council™certified tissue products under the Kleenex brand in 2014, supported by a consumer-awareness campaign on the importance of protecting natural forests.
- Partnered with WWF-Singapore in 2015 to launch a consumer education campaign on making haze-free, sustainable choices.
- Improving lives of communities: Partnered with the Singapore-based World Toilet Organisation, as part of K-C’s global sanitation focus, to expand access to sanitation around the world.
Talent Development & Industry Thought Leadership in Singapore
- Talent development: K-C is working with INSEAD, SMU (Singapore Management University) and National University of Singapore (NUS) to identify and recruit talent for its regional operations.
- Industry Thought leadership: K-C is serving as a Board Member on the Singapore Business Federation (SBF), Singapore International Chamber of Commerce (SICC); WWF Singapore; Asia Venture Philanthropy Network (AVPN) and is an active member of the Singapore American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM).
About Kimberly-Clark Asia Pacific
Kimberly-Clark Corp. (NYSE: KMB) is a $18.2-billion multi-national Consumer Goods company with a 145-year heritage.Its world-renowned brands Huggies, Kleenex, Scott, Kotex and Depend are household names that provide essentials for a better life across more than 175 countries. Kimberly-Clark is among the fastest growing FMCG companies in Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is Kimberly-Clark’s biggest international region with a footprint in over 30 countries including Korea, China, Australia, ASEAN and India. Its regional headquarters are in Singapore.